Macintosh and Linux users, we are aware of a crash bug in multiplayer. Both OSX and Linux may crash as a client when the host disconnects from a multiplayer game. OSX may crash when attempting to connect to a nonexistant host. We are working on this issue. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Changes in 1.1.5:
- Added a tutorial for Booster and Logic. Step by step tips will guide you from basic through advanced gameplay.
- Added gamepad support. Now you can play Booster Logic with a gamepad, without resorting to external software.
- Added a new pack for both Booster and Logic, SB_Bonus3. This pack's difficulty falls around the middle levels of the Standard packs.
- Added more general controls to key bindings.
- Updated art, including floor and wall tiles, across both games.
- Tweaked various older Booster and Logic levels.
- Added a confirmation menu on game exit.
- Integrated with the SDL and SDL_net libraries for networking and joystick support.
- Booster now has save points! Activate a save, and when you die you will be able to resume from that location. Only one save can be active on a single level at a time.
- Saves in multiplayer function as respawn points. Activate one, and if you die you will be able to come back from that location, without resetting the level.
- Added save points to many Booster multiscreen levels (Standard 301 and above).
- Improved Multiplayer support and added many server configuration options. Create your own modes, from speed Booster to forced 100% collection!
- Added player colors to Multiplayer.
- Added Hard mode to SB_Insane and SB_Bonus2.
- Added an automatic save when the Console is activated.
Changes in 1.1.4:
- Updated map324 to make it work with a Launch Pad change.
- Added "normal" difficulty and bumped the current maps up to "hard" difficulty. The normal maps are more straightforward and may give hints on how to complete their hard counterparts.
- Slightly tweaked most maps to adjust them to normal or hard, and further modified each map for the alternate difficulty.
- Shuffled the order of a few of the maps to account for the new difficulty setting.
- Updated the Hunter AI. They shouldn't be quite so easy to confuse now.
- Clicking on an item will now use it, as an alternative to the "use item" key.
- Added a "Bundler" tab to the editor. The Bundler is used to create Level Packs, and gives more information than what we had before.
- Added a "Resize" editing tool. It's a visual representation of the map size. It shows exactly where the extra tiles will be added, and what parts of the map will be cropped off.
- Booster Logic now supports profiles. Go to Options->Profiles to create a new profile. You can then select your profile from any map selection screen. Profiles store separate scores and level unlock data, along with configuration options.
- The menus have a new look.
- In-game buttons are now all a standard size.
Changes in 1.1.3:
- Macintosh OSX and Linux versions are now released!
- Fixed a bug with view scrolling. It should be smoother now.
- Updated the Booster movement code. The game's physics are more reliable now.
- Modified many Booster maps to account for changes in the movement code.
- Updated the Booster networking code. It should be more stable and easier to control.
- Added chat to Booster multiplayer. Access it with Enter or F4.
- Added a graphical effect when the player has collected all pellets on a map.
- Added medals which display at the end of levels when you've set a new record. Medals are for high score, low score, speed, and perfect runs.
- Updated some collision boxes. Among other things, the tips of Flamethrower flames are now less deadly.
- Updated the positioning of Booster's animations to be more accurate with his hitbox.
- Improved pellet locations in many Booster maps.
- Slightly tweaked the Booster robot appearances.
- Added some more score tracking information to Booster.
- Super jumping, a technique required by some of the SB_Insane Booster maps, is now much easier. A description of how to super jump is now in the Booster manual under the 'Tips and Tricks' section.
- Significantly increased the difficulty of nearly all Logic maps.
- Added quicksaving and quickloading to Logic. F5 saves, F8 loads, and the keyboard numbers select a slot. The saves are persistent across restarts.
- Added two new robots to Logic. The Ancient Hunter is a slow moving, always active Hunter. The Hunter Cleaner functions as a Cleaner until the Console is activated, then it switches to a Hunter.
- Revamped the Logic Hunter pathing code.
- Changed the Logic Cleaner AI. The Cleaners will now follow walls to the left.
- Changed the Logic Gravity Well and Conveyor code to make movement to and from the objects more responsive.
- Updated the Logic Gravity Well animations.
- Updated Logic Turrets and Security Turrets to give a better directional indication.
Map Editor Updates
- Rearranged the placeable item order in the Map Editor.
- Added some new placeable objects to the Logic Map Editor.
- Upgraded the Booster Map Editor's control over Cart placement.
- Upgraded the Booster Map Editor to allow Lasers to be placed on Jump Pads.
Changes in 1.1.2:
- Added a loading screen. No more blank white window when the game starts!
- Added safe mode for compatibility with lower end video cards. Safe mode will disable the new loading screen. If the game crashes at startup, safe mode will automatically be triggered. Toggle it on or off in the Options menu.
- Double-clicking works again!
- The loading screen now displays the load progress.
- Made some improvements to sound playback.
- Changed sound effects to wav for better playback.
- Multiscreen levels now support directional sound.
- Modified the Projector fade animation to be more clear about its timing.
- Updated Flamethrower behavior. When a Flamethrower gets blocked while firing it will retain its ignition status and pop immediately back up if the block is removed. A Flamethrower that is ignited but blocked can be identified by an orange pilot light.
- Pausing a replay before movement starts will no longer start the replay, but pause it along with the remaining delay time.
- The Map Editor play will now wipe your score after you complete the level.
- Fixed a crash bug upon exiting the options menu when the Sounds directory doesn't exist.
- Fixed a crash bug in Logic caused by pressing the use key then trying to scroll when you had no items.
- Fixed a bug where always-on Flamethrower flames would go through Projectors.
- Fixed a bug where Booster could survive being squished by a Cart or a Mainframe.
- Fixed a bug where a Cart exiting a Gravity Lift into Electricity would get stuck partially powered on but never move.
- The game will no longer track player movement after they have died or completed the level.
- Made a slight update to the behavior of Gravity Lifts in Booster.
- Fixed display issue: Projectors no longer appear to fade before the beginning of a level if Booster's start is placed on them.
- Fixed display issue: Booster will now always appear to be standing (or crouching if his head is blocked) at the beginning of a level.
- In Multiplayer and Replay viewing, the player you have selected will now be fully opaque.
- Shifted the view of Booster single screen levels up a tiny bit to give a better view of Electricity at the top of the map.
- Fixed a bug in the Map Editor which allowed Projectors to be placed on the top edge of a single screen level.
- Gravity Lifts will no longer pull Booster when in the Map Editor's Flight mode.
- Updated the display of some objects in the Map Editor.
- Added a version number to the lower right corner of the main menu screen.
- Updated Booster map275 to be more of a challenge.
- Updated Booster map282 and map284 to be a little more interesting.
- Various fixes for compatibility with older machines.
Changes in 1.1.1:
- Fixed a bug in Booster where Rotating Shooters adjacent to a wall would double their firing speed.
- Fixed a bug in Booster where a Mainframe stacked on another Mainframe travelling on a Conveyor would be able to travel through the End Teleporter.
- Fixed some Booster robot collision box issues.
- Made some changes to Mainframe and Cart behavior in Gravity Lifts.
- Replays will now display on the preview screen the name of the host in the recording.
- Flight mode in the Map Editor no longer lets you fly off the left and right edges of the screen.
- Modifying a map via the Rename, Move, Copy, and Delete buttons will now perform the same action on that map's backup file.
- The Map Editor can now save replays. However, if you exit the in-editor play without saving, the replay will be purged.
- Exporting replays, broken in 1.1, are now fixed again.
Changes in 1.1:
- The editor is now implemented! Make levels and enjoy. Demo users can save maps made in the editor, but cannot open or play the maps.
- Due to major changes in the save files, replays from previous versions are not readable in version 1.1. We will release an external replay converter to update pre-1.1 replays to a readable format, but be warned that many updates in this patch will cause incompatibilities with old replays.
- Item usage controls have been updated. Selection can now be cancelled by pressing the reset key. This may break some Logic replays.
- Fixed a crash bug evident on Booster map138. If lasers were the only trap on the map, destroying the last of them would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed a bug where Pushers and Walkers would not always be destroyed when dropped while on a stack of blocks.
- Active Carts can now travel over deactivated Carts.
- Updated Booster Launch Pads. They will now behave better when launching stacks of Mainframes and Carts. This may break some Booster replays.
- Launch Pads will no longer trigger on dead players. This may break some multiplayer Booster replays.
- Fixed a behavior problem with Pusher lifting. This may break some Booster replays.
- Flamethrowers that are active from the start now show as on before the level begins. This may break some Booster replays.
- Fixed an error which caused some Logic replays to not trigger Logic's shot.
- Logic Hunters will no longer ignore Turrets on a half tile.
- Logic Lasers will all go to their right at the start. This may break some Logic replays.
- Updated some animation behaviors.
- Retail maps are now bundled in BoosterLogic.dat in the BoosterLogic/Resources directory.
- Updated Map325 to account for the springboard change.
- Added two "difficult" map packs created with the new map editor, one for each Booster and Logic. The map packs may be accessed through the custom pack option at the top of the map selection list.
- Updated the Booster manual with some tips and tricks integral to completing the new Booster map pack.
- Fixed some typographical errors in the Booster and Logic manuals.
- Added a manual for the Booster and Logic Map Editors.
- Added 30 Booster maps and 10 Logic maps titled "SB_Insane". They can be accessed by selecting "Play Custom" through the "Play Booster" and "Play Logic" menus. Many of these maps are extremely difficult.
Changes in 1.0.3:
- A block will no longer make an impact sound when it destroys a laser emitter.
- Fixed a possible multiplayer desync issue related to launch pads.
- Updated launch pads to make them more multiplayer friendly.
- Fixed a bug where pushers could kill you by lifting a block through you while on a conveyor.
- Tweaked the multiplayer scoreboard to make who's who more obvious.
- Robots can no longer survive a long fall while standing on a block.
- Completing a level for the first time in multiplayer will now turn it green and give 50% completion in tho solo play list.
- Watching a replay will no longer change your name to the one in the replay.
- Demo users can now view the previews for levels above Logic 20 and Booster 50.
- Fixed an issue where the demo would return to the menu randomly after a level was completed.
- You can now use jump and reset to cycle player views in Multiplayer.
- Reduced the kill distance of flames slightly.
- Fixed an issue that caused replays to play back improperly.
- Touched up the Booster Pusher art.
- Updated Booster level 044 to allow faster perfect runs.
- Updated Booster level 375 to make the 18th room a tiny bit friendlier.
Changes in 1.0.2:
- Energy and Robot Cores that follow a player will now be able to follow a second player if the first dies.
- Names displayed by F2 are now properly centered over the player.
- Fixed an obscure crash bug relating to gravity lifts.
- Fixed a bug where completing all the levels and then registering would not properly record future level completion.
- Updated the bouncing properties of robot explosions. This will break compatibility with some multiplayer replays.
- Names in the Options menu will now properly delete characters. Previously you had to type a new character to make the name save the truncated version.
- Names displayed by F2 now shrink with off-screen distance.
- Made names of other players displayed by F2 ghostly.
- Added a save replay button to the menu system. Now you can save the last replay even if you exit.
- Added a sound for the player death.
- Added a energy core to Logic level 030. The push block in the upper left corner is no longer unnecessary.
- Moved two energy cores to the top in Booster level 009. Now the people who wait at the bottom won't get as many points as the person they send up to do all the work.
- Moved the location of an energy core in Booster level 082 to streamline perfect speed running.
- Derandomized the initial direction of the center cart in Booster level 111.
Changes in 1.0.1:
- Challenge play through the Records page now saves scores.
- The Begin Record button no longer overlays Perfect Time within Challenge play.
- Lowest Points now displays on the Play Booster page.
- Times displayed on the Play Booster page now show milliseconds.
- Muting the music no longer mutes sounds.
- Replays occasionally save incorrectly.
- Multiplayer occasionally has syncing issues. When this problem occurs, the multiplayer session must be restarted.
- Multiplayer clients will not see each other connecting in the list of players.
- On some rare hardware configurations Booster Logic fails to run.
- The loading screen is blank, and there is no indicator of load progress.
- In Logic, Hunters become confused about Logic's location and will not attack.
- In certain resolutions, menu layout is out of alignment.
- When any player exits from multiplayer all other players must manually exit the session.
- Some Menus dont support key strokes.